Great tips for babysitters and nannies on safety
Looking after someone else’s children is serious business – the same goes for your own personal safety. Whether you are a first time babysitter or a very experienced sitter, ensuring you follow safe guidelines is paramount to your own safety.
Accepting a babysitting booking – ensure that when you accept a babysitting job you are comfortable with the ages of children in your care. When calling to introduce yourself to a new client – ask questions to get an overview of their home and environment.
These can include;
- Is the house number visible from the road?
- Which door is used for entry – front, side, or back door, is lighting adequate?
- Am I able to park safely/legally and within walking distance of the entrance?
- Is the road accessible in all weather conditions? – especially for rural properties.
- Are there any pets at home?
- Will there be any other adults in…
View original post 744 more words