Many clients approach us to ask what are the requirements for hiring EU Aupairs in Switzerland. We have put together below a general overview of the guidelines for hiring EU Aupairs in Switzerland , however this varies from canton to canton (please contact Rockmybaby for further information) –
- The host family must have a different mother tongue language from the Au Pair
- Depending on canton, the host family should generally speak the local language to a good level
- An Au Pair can be employed for up to 2 years. This is the maximum an Au Pair can work in Switzerland as an Au Pair
- The age range of Au pairs is between 17 and 30 years’ old
- The host family must complete a contract with the Au Pair. This will be required to secure the L permit required for working in Switzerland.
- The Au Pair must attend language lessons for minimum 120 hours per year – this is compulsory requirement and the host family are required to pay for this.
- Maximum working hours is 30 per week in general (however can vary slightly from canton to canton) and the working regulations must be adhered by for each individual Canton with regards to Au Pairs.
- The Au Pair must have at least one day off a week and at least 1-2 Sundays off a month
- The host family must insure the au pair with health insurance and pay at least half the costs
- The Au Pair must not work more than 50% of these hours independently (i.e. a parent has to be present for 50% of working hours)
- The Au Pair’s job should be simple in nature – no heavy cleaning or complex tasks
- The Au Pair must have their own bedroom in the home of the host family
- The host family must have a B or C permit or Swiss Nationality (varies per canton)
Please note Rockmybaby does not assist with the recruitment of non-EU Aupairs.
For your Aupair needs, contact us today – firstname.lastname@example.org