A lovely post from our Head Office on Rituals & Routines
A routine is something you HAVE to do. It does not have any thought, or love, and you end up on auto-pilot just doing something because you have to.
A ritual is something more meaningful, beautiful, well thought out, delivered with care, kindness, and something that children enjoy and want to be actively involved in.
If you think back to your own childhood, it is the rituals that are imprinted into your memory because it was something you looked forward to and enjoyed. It was special and meaningful.
Do you often smell a particular smell, or hear a particular song and it instantly takes you back to a joyful time? What was it that made it special? Think about when you have a bath. Do you just jump in, with the lights on? Or do you add in bubble bath, light candles, a face mask, and sink in to soak…
View original post 347 more words
Written by our Rockmybaby London office
It can often be a daunting and frustrating task to get your children to eat meals, especially healthy ones. Research suggests that it takes 10 to 15 tries before a child will actually eat, and like, a new food. How you present healthy foods may factor in as well. A recent study showed that school-aged children (7-10 years old) ate more carrots when they were served whole carrots versus when they were served diced carrots.
So try to stay positive and encourage healthy eating by following these tips from Rockmybaby Nanny Agency;
- Be a good role model – children tend to mirror the eating habits of parents and carers. So if they see you snacking on healthy foods and eating well, they are likely to do the same.
- Try to plan ahead – sometimes this can be hard in our hectic lives, but if you plan healthy meals and snacks even a few days ahead then it takes the pressure off trying to find something last minute. An easy way to do this is to cut up vegetable sticks, such as carrot and cucumber, and have them ready in the fridge or bag when you are going out for a quick snack. At meal time’s batch cook, maybe cook enough to last a couple of days or cook several meals at a time and have them throughout the week or freeze them for a later date. If you are organised and relaxed, meal times start more relaxed.
- Get them involved in cooking – kids love helping, so if you can allow them to pick ingredients in the supermarket and then help with a simple dish such as home made pizza or chopping tomatoes for a pasta sauce (supervised with plastic or butter knife), they will be proud of what they have achieved and will want to eat it with the rest of the family.
- Encourage and praise – even if they only eat one pea or a piece of carrot that has been dipped in a sauce, its positive steps in the right direction and they should be praised for it.
Rockmybaby Nanny Agency always advises combining healthy eating with plenty of fluids, ideally water.
We have some fantastic candidates who are available to start asap and in August. We have listed some of the top candidates we have and their profiles – if you are interested in hearing more about their profiles, please contact us on email@example.com or +41434440978
See s selection of our Top Candidates here Top Candidates June 2018
Don’t forget to book your babysitter – Rockmybaby Nanny Agency has has an online booking system operating 24/7. All our sitters are personally interviewed, referenced checked and vetted. Book today and enjoy your date night! https://www.rockmybaby.ch/pages/services-babysitting
We have lots of new live-in and live-out Nanny & Nanny / Housekeeper roles across Switzerland to start in the new year. If you have the required experience, an EU passport or Swiss work permit / passport please apply via our jobs adverts listed on this link! Looking forward to your applications!
As parents and caregivers, our aspirations for our children are that they grow up as competent and confident learners and communicators, healthy in mind, body and spirit, secure in their sense of belonging and in their knowledge that they make a valued contribution to society.
It is important that children are supported and empowered in a way that fosters their confidence and sense of self, and that they are given the skills and knowledge to develop their own social competencies.
In this article we focus on ‘MY CONFIDENT SELF’, and the responsibilities we have as parents and caregivers in laying a solid foundation for our children.
See link to full article below, produced and written by the Rockmybaby® New Zealand Office.
Transitioning to a new nanny, for your child(ren) and your family, can take some time and adjustment for all parties.
Here are 4 tips to ensure that the transition occurs as smoothly as possible
1.Getting to know phase:
It is always good to offer a handover period with the current nanny, and to have mum / dad around in the first few days / weeks. This allows the child the time to get used to his / her new caregiver, for the new caregiver to learn more about the child, your family and your routines etc., Ideally you should allow for at least a week of the “getting to know phase”. However, the time required will also depend on the child’s acceptance of a new person in their lives.
2. Practice Leaving:
If you have a baby, you’re going to need to practice leaving the child with your nanny. One great way to do this is to explain that you are just going into the other room, and letting the nanny, one-on-one, get to know your baby. If the baby cries for you, come back and comfort the child, practicing the move until you, the baby, and the nanny are comfortable. You can then gradually increase the time you are away – once again, follow your child’s cues.
3. Information Exchange:
You need to take the time to explain all the special details and preferences of your family. One great way to do this is to provide a journal to the nanny, or a shared file that has everything detailed and listed in terms of likes, dislikes, routines, organized activities, important contact and health details etc.,
4. Stay calm and positive
Your child will pick up on your cues if you are feeling anxious or sad – remain positive in the nanny’s presence and when leaving. This will instill confidence in your child(ren) that there is nothing to worry about. We know it is hard leaving your precious ones in the care of others. Sometimes, we as parents are more stressed and anxious then the child. We need to make sure we remain upbeat, calm, and positive as much as possible.
Rockmybaby ® will help you to develop the best nanny transition possible as we will be there to guide you along the way and provide any advice in your new nanny transition. Contact us for your nanny requirements www.rockmybaby.ch
We all look forward to our summer holiday; the promise of sun, sea and most of all, time to relax. But for those with children, relaxation isn’t always a possibility. One solution is to hire a holiday nanny, ensuring that your holiday is indeed a holiday.
Rockmybaby® has many holiday nannies available. From the moment your holiday begins, you’ll have an extra pair of hands to help manage the multiple suitcases, the travel cot, the car seats; not forgetting the children themselves! Fresh ideas and games for the plane, means the five-hour flight literally does fly by!
Many children have a daily schedule with set meal, nap and bedtimes. A holiday nanny means that you and your family can make the most of your time together, without deviating too much from your regular schedule. So, if you’re down by the beach and your child needs a nap, but you don’t feel like sitting in the hotel room, your holiday nanny can take care of this for you.
Fancy dining in the swish restaurant next-door, but it doesn’t take reservations until 7.30pm and your child’s bedtime is 7pm? Again, your holiday nanny can be there to take care of the children, while you enjoy your evening out. Most children I know love to wake nice and early. With a holiday nanny, there’s no need to debate who gets to have a lie-in, or count down the minutes until the holiday club opens. You can agree working hours with your nanny to cover some early mornings too.
A holiday nanny doesn’t mean losing out on spending quality time with your family. In fact, it can enable you to enhance this time by focusing on your children, without worrying about everyday things such as meal preparation. For families with children of differing ages, it means no-one misses out on their preferred activity.
Meeting your nanny before your holiday, gives you piece of mind so you can be safe in the knowledge that they’re a great fit for you and your family. They will bring energy and enthusiasm, skills and experience, enabling peace of mind all round. So, why not let Rockmybaby® find a holiday nanny for you! Happy holidays!
Written by Janessa Bobby
Employing a Nanny is one of the most important recruitment decisions you will make for your family and Rockmybaby is here to help you with the entire process from start to finish.
So, what are the benefits in using Rockmybaby?
- We will discuss your needs and requirements prior to commencing the search to gain a full overview of your needs to ensure we can find you the perfect match
- Your personal information is kept private and confidential
- We save you the time and effort of trawling through candidate CVs and pre-screening them
- We providing advice on market salaries and standard employment conditions as per Swiss employment law for your canton of residence
- We screen all candidates including; interviews, background checks, criminal clearances, qualification checks, driving records checks etc.
- Candidates are matched to your requirements from a skill set perspective, but also from a family parenting style / philosophy perspective
- We assist with coordinating interviews and trial dates
- We provide interview guidance and questions for your interviews with the prospective candidates
- We help to negotiate salary offers, assisting with setting up employment contracts in line with Swiss law, advice on all employment obligations such as social security, insurances, pensions, taxes etc.
- We follow-up with both the nanny and family to ensure that everything is going well and assist with any issues / questions that arise regarding the nanny / employer relationship (this is at no extra cost in first year of placement)
- We offer a competitive 3-month replacement guarantee should things not work out
- We are available for you during the first year of nanny / employer relationship to assist with any questions and support you may need
- We provide cover for your nanny should he / she be ill, goes on vacation etc. so that your life continues to run smoothly – this is at no extra agency fee cost in the first year of placement.
The benefits are invaluable, we help you save time and energy, and most of all, provide the security in knowing you have the best possible solution for your children and family.
For your nanny needs, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41 43 4440978